Tuesday, April 12, 2005

no go for e-vites

I thought I stumbled upon a brilliant idea.

Why not send "Save the date" e-cards to our friends? That's what they do in US so why not do it here?

I happily search for e-cards. Found a site. Registered and found one nice card. Sent it to myself and previewed it. I didn't really like it cuz of the little things like formatting, fonts etc. It's the finnicky 'artistic' side of me... so I didn't send that out in the end which worked out well.

I spoke to D and told him about the brilliant plan, barely containing my enthusiasm.

Me: Why don't we send out "Save the date" cards for our friends? That way they can then set aside the time in their schedule since we can't send the invites out yet.
D: No. It's rude to do so.
Me: Why?
D: For some people, especially the older folks, they will take offence and won't even come.
Me: But it's for our friends.
D: I'm a traditionalist.


So... no e-vites for you guys. I'm just wondering if D would have been freaked out if the conversation started like this:

Me: I just did the most brilliant thing (smiling smugly).
D: What is it?
Me: I sent out "Save the date" e-vites to our friends (waiting for affirmation of brilliance and a pat on the back, expecting outpouring of praises and compliments).
D: You did what?!!! (in shock and tearing his hair out)

Haha. It's time like these that I'm glad I'm finnicky.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ms moo ... u really amazes me sometimes, not only L got a shock, i also was shocked when your D told me you guys have not booked the church!! gosh!! Best, ya? wanna be zai, but also must get things moving siaz! hahahah

Mini

1:33 PM  
Blogger fuchsiacow said...

Hahahha... that's why went to book the church already. Now just dunno whether we'll actually get it. if not... *die*

3:12 PM  
Blogger fuchsiacow said...

D feels it's not ok to e-vite, regardless whether invitation or reminder. Not sure how he feels about it in hard copy... =)

Better check with R whether he's ok with e-viting. You can definitely e-vite me anytime. =)

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didnt know your D is so conservative ... frankly, I personally dun mind getting e-invites ...

Well, Dave may have his point, esp with relatives ...

mini

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home